[Glastonbury] hello people

root glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Sep 21 02:48:01 2003

hi to the world (tim i know)

just testing my new internet connection - redhat 7.1 (from the Linux Bible in
Street library)

in the words of some band in the late eighties -

	" i'm free, to do what i want, any old time"

that's linux as far as i'm concerened. Suse and Redhat may not be free if you
want to buy a box with a printed manual, they're free if you want to download
them (or get them from the local library)

can anyone help with two problems?

1) MIDI sequencing:

I've tried Rosegarden, Brahms, Audacity to name but three. I'm using Mandrake
9 from LXF.

This is the one thing (aside from CorelDraw - but i can live without that)
that keeps me hooked on Microsoft.

2) Mail:

I dial in to Freeserve. what i'd like to do is when i collect my mail, stuff
addressed to GRAHAM@oxley1165.freeserve.co.uk goes to my machine, and stuff
addressed to JOE@oxl..... goes to my sons' machine. Is this difficult to do?
If anyone can save me from reading all about fetchmail etc. with a couple of
gems of wisdom????

Finally, when does Glastolug meet ? I've rebuilt my server/gateway so many
times and lost all my addresses and old mail....
But if anyone wants to ask me about PPP :)

ttfn

Graham