[Glastonbury] hello people

Sean Miller glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Sep 21 06:44:00 2003

> 2) Mail:
>
> I dial in to Freeserve. what i'd like to do is when i collect my mail, stuff
> addressed to GRAHAM@oxley1165.freeserve.co.uk goes to my machine, and stuff
> addressed to JOE@oxl..... goes to my sons' machine. Is this difficult to do?
> If anyone can save me from reading all about fetchmail etc. with a couple of
> gems of wisdom????

>From distant memory I vaguely recall that with Freeserve you only
actually get one mailbox, and the name in front is pretty much
irrelevent.... what you really need to do is get your son his own
independent pop3 mailbox, then clearly you can simply set up your e-mail
client on each machine to connect to the appropriate one.

If you want an additional pop3 account without having to pay for it,
might be worth a trip over to http://www.myrealbox.com -- I used them in
the past, and it seemed pretty reliable.

Sean