[Glastonbury] Downgrading with apt-get

Martin WHEELER mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 22:39:35 BST 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, tim hall wrote:

> It's designed to run on top of an existing woody or sid distribution - I
> don't know if that's exactly the answer to your question.

Well -- woody == stable
        sarge == testing
        sid   == BANG!   (err ... Still In Development)

>  depreciated in favour of
         ^

Aaarggh!  DEPRECATED.    DEPRECATED.    DEPRECATED.   (preached against)

Now go to your copy of the OED and look up depreciate; then deprecate.

Sorry -- you just pushed all the red buttons for someone who's been
lecturing in English Language and Linguistics for over 40 years now.
Barbarisms such as 'definately' and 'relevent' produce the same effect.

(My excuse:  I was taught in the 1940s by Victorian ladies who would
beat you to a pulp at the age of eight for making that kind of mistake.)

> existing configuration file is still calling for it - I'll have to do some
> reading on that one.

Might dpkg-reconfigure help here?  (Wild guess.)