[Glastonbury] Downgrading with apt-get

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Wed Sep 24 21:48:41 BST 2003

On Wednesday 24 September 2003 15:23, Martin WHEELER wrote:
> 'Scuse me for asking, but does demudi/devel require stable, testing or
> unstable?

It's designed to run on top of an existing woody or sid distribution - I
don't know if that's exactly the answer to your question.

> >  I'm missing a module that clearly /is/ missing from the
> > module sources.
>
> Which one?  Can any of us help you?  (Probably not;

Probably not, it's snd.o - I think this is an OSS module (?), which may have
become depreciated in favour of sound.o and AFAICT the fault is that my
existing configuration file is still calling for it - I'll have to do some
reading on that one.

> > The question really, is how do I get back to where I was before I
> > started?
>
> If you *really* want to do this --
> first, you must purge all the stuff you've just added from demudi/devel.
>
>      dpkg --purge <packagenames>
>
> Then comment out the relevant line(s) in your /etc/apt/sources.list and
> re-install whatever it was you had before.
>
> > If
> > I comment out the relevant line in /etc/apt/sources.list will dselect
> > (apt-get) allow me to replace the programs with the earlier versions?
> > (from demudi/stable so to speak).
>
> Should do.  (As long as devel versions have been blown away)

I both hoped and was afraid that it might be as simple as that.
Hey ho ... :-]

Thanks for the advice

tim hall