[Glastonbury] LU&D Expo, Linux Audio and a plug or two

Richard Bown richard.bown at ferventsoftware.com
Wed Apr 14 16:12:03 BST 2004

Hello!

Hope the last meeting went well.  I hope you don't mind me posting
a couple of things here:

* firstly (mainly to Tim), I probably am going up to the Linux User
  expo next week by car on the Tuesday morning and back on the Weds
  lunchtime/afternoon.  Feel free if you fancy a lift. It's probably
  going to be a bit hectic though because..

* secondly, Rosegarden has been shortlisted for "best open source project"
  award at the Expo and the organisers have even stumped up for tix for
  me and my co-developer to attend the Tuesday night ceremony.  (So
  I'll be hungover on Weds - win or no-win).

* thirdly, and cheekily, I'm still looking for work in the local area.
  (Developing open source software still doesn't pay kids - let this
   be a warning).  Some bumpf regards the support work I do is here:

       http://www.ferventsoftware.com/support

   and I apologise in advance for abusing this list.  Some paid work
   would really help though..

* fourthly -  I still right in thinking that I'm doing a Linux Audio
  demo next meeting?  If so what do people want to see if anything
  in particular?  Composition, recording, ripping, editing, mixing
  - all of the above?   I'm sure Tim and others have quite a few views
  on this one and we should probably come up with a loose schedule.

* erm, fifthly - How do you find out what's happening at the next
  meeting on the LUGOG website?  I'm sure it's there somewhere..

Cheers,