[Glastonbury] New to it

Greg Browne greg.browne at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 17:36:58 GMT 2004

Maurice

As a newbie myself, I wonder if the problem is not eliteism but more a
difficult mix of skill levels. Is it a bit like having a french group
mixing beginners and degree level students - each is expecting
something different out of the group? The newcomer will be lost in the
finer points of 18th cent french grammar, and the Degree student
doesn't want to explain the difference between vous and tu for the nth
time.

I've been grateful for the patience, help I have been given and advice
in getting a Debian distro working (KANOTIX).

I hope that the discussion on 'must have' applications will be useful
not just to me, but to any newcomer.

CMS, PHP etc are way above me at the moment, but maybe one day I'll
need to understand these tools. However I feel sure that if I get
really stuck trying to get a modem to work, a printer to install or a
Word processor to run, that some kind member will offer their help.

I think, ''ask and it will be given'', is worth another try. You never
know, even I might have learned enough now to help a bit <G>

Greg (French 'O' Level [failed] - KANOTIX [succeeded])