[Glastonbury] New to it

Kelvin McNulty kelvin24 at gcircle.co.uk
Fri Dec 17 19:44:09 GMT 2004

On Friday 17 December 2004 15:20, Martin Wheeler wrote:

an email that I felt was a very good response to Maurice's clearly expressed
frustrations which included:

> Ubuntu.  (2 disks.)  Place CD #1 in tray and boot machine.
> Read stuff that appears on screen and press buttons accordingly.
> If you like it, use CD #2 to install to hard disk.

I like the sound of that... and I'll try it next time I have a machine spare.
I think I am right in thinking that Ubuntu is derived from Debian?

Thanks, Martin.

Best,

Kelvin
Maybe, just maybe, about to get Debbied with the help of Ubuntu...