[Glastonbury] New to it

maurice mail at mauricebutler.co.uk
Mon Dec 20 07:01:17 GMT 2004

Java downloaded and installed without difficulty although for a while I didn't
know where the script controlled installation had put the executable file -
until I opened the script and found out.. Then the business of setting up the
pathways in Konqueror. It was by accident I discovered that not only did the
main application need it but the Java window seemed to need confirmation too.

Anyway, I've been able to access my regular chat forum and was right pleased,
bless you all.

Not sure whether you call it Kmail or Kontact now but that works well and I've
set up two of my pop accounts. Three more to go plus an IMAP.

Checked out Open Office and liked it. Printed a few scribblings on the Epson
1290 which had installed itself automatically with lots of control. Not sure
if I can save profiles for different batches of photo paper yet. Perhaps Gimp
will do that?

So the migration has begun.