[Glastonbury] Recycling old parts

steve steve at fractalsoup.org
Thu Dec 23 10:39:21 GMT 2004

ian dickinson wrote
<http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/glastonbury/2004-November/001406.html>

<>If there are just a *few* machines locally that need
recycling, I don't mind sticking them in the back of
my car next time I travel to the office (I'm a
telecommuter for much of the time). If there's lots
of kit to be recycled, and we can get a reasonably
decent estimate of the type & quantity, the
coordinator of environment group said she would
forward details to the recycling contractor to get a
quote for doing a bulk collection in Glastonbury. The
actual recycling is free, but there would be a
collection charge that would have to be amortised
between the equipment donors.

thanks very much for the offer.
<>we have now collected the pcs from the holt school in wokingham and
over the holidays i will be looking them over and testing them as
mid/thin clients on our network. already there is a lot of kit from our
previous NT network that will have to be replaced and i estimate we will
have a skip full of  pc hardware that no longer works, monitors and
printers mainly.
is this the sort of hardware that the BigCo can recycle? i estimate the
job will be finished by february half term and we will be able to give a
fair description of quantity and collection dates.
obvioulsy if anyone else has hardware to recycle we could use the school
as a base for collection at the same time as long as there wasn't enough
to fill an aircraft hanger!
cheers,
steve