[Glastonbury] linux audio

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Tue Jan 20 12:22:50 GMT 2004

Excellent Steve,

On Monday 19 January 2004 7:18 pm, steve at fractalsoup.org wrote:
> As I mentioned at the last meeting I would be getting in contact again.
> He is local to lugog now and should be on the list. (welcome to lugog).
> As there was such an interest in Linux audio last meeting I am
> forwarding the link.

Rosegarden4's just announced its 0.9.6 release and MusE has gone to 0.6.3 (I'm
using 0.6.1 and getting some worthwhile results. I haven't really got
Rosegarden to work with Jackd satisfactorily yet and it doesn't seem to have
an obvious 'loop' function which slightly baffles me. Did I miss something?

I'm now tracking aGNUla-DeMuDi's 'unstable' repository and running that on top
of Debian 'testing'. I'll be glad when Jack reaches a 'stable' release -
they've just gone to 0.94.0 I'm using 0.90.1 or thereabouts. Applications
compiled against earlier releases of Jackd (0.71/0.75) don't work for me, so
I only have a small number of Jack-capable apps right now :(

Still, at least I'm making music and I've hardly begun to scratch the surface
of the software that's available. :-)

cheers

tim hall