[Glastonbury] OOo and MySQL

Rob Cornelius root at htmler.org
Fri Jan 23 18:34:35 GMT 2004

Hi everyone,

I have spent a very frustrating afternoon trying to get OOo to connect
to a MySQL server on another machine.

I need something that "Just like Access" to keep my boss happy (and more
important the person working on the database who last learned a new
skill in 1995! OOo seems ideal and the screenshots of the database
component in action look great.

I have tried everything I can think of in the "add datasource" dialog.
Either I get a message to say I typed in my username and password wrong
or occasionally I get a message to say a so file is corrupt! The help
basically says "fill out the fields in the dialog" and I have been all
over Google.

I tried both the MySQL direct method and ODBC but both with the same
results.

Any help is appreciated

Rob