[Glastonbury] OOo and MySQL

Rick Fitzsimmons rickfitzsimmons at iname.com
Sun Jan 25 21:14:08 GMT 2004

Does anyone know exactly how the Rekall binaries are licensed? The
website says:
"Total Rekall are pleased to announce that Rekall is now totally GPL. We
will be making a small charge for Rekall binary distributions to cover
our costs. We were hoping that users would take out support
subscriptions and/or buy one of our commercial drivers, but
unfortunately this has not happened."

My reading of that is that once someone has paid the £15 for the
download, they're free to do with it whatever they want under the GPL
(just like if they'd downloaded and compiled the source, but without the
hassle).

Any thoughts?
Rick.

Alistair Parsons wrote:

> Hi
>
> heres my thoughts
>
> rekall is the main way to go, however you can only download the source, rpms are commecrial
>
> or
>
> Kexi,  is still not ready to be released but it promises to be very simple for claiters etc
>
> in the short term:
> if you are just printing reports i would suggest a php front end for data entry and a Kugar (part of koffice) report using qt driver
>  i had an email from the kugar developer last week and im still trying to get it to work, however when it does it should be completely idiot proof click and print
>
> if you did want to buy the rpm for rekall id be more than happy to devote A LOT of spare time to help you get it to work
>
> Al
> support at microbitz.co.uk
...snipped...