[Glastonbury] Our Greatest Ally

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Thu Mar 18 02:30:46 GMT 2004

It appears to me that our greatest ally in converting the world to Linux [0]
is WindowsXP.

Two of my housemates have had cause to have dealings with XP recently - and
they both hate it. Surprise suprise. Subsequently they are now taking much
more of a serious interest in Linux.

My friends are seeing me with a system that just keeps on running, when others
get choked up, infected and crash on a regular basis. I get comments like
"Nice Interface" and "It's much more advanced than I'd imagined".

Vindication  is truly my favourite emotion. :-)

cheers

tim hall

[0] I'm not assuming that this is, or should be, what everyone desires or
cares about by making this statement ;-]