[Glastonbury] Our Greatest Ally

Kelvin McNulty kelvinm at gcircle.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 00:56:15 GMT 2004

I'm with you on this. Although XP looks pretty and appears to be smooth, it
has a dangerous feature called Raw Sockets which is talked about on grc.com
(where you'll find lots of stuff about weak security in Windoze). It also is
slowly making my work harder, like I have known it to insist that my Excel
macros have to be signed before they will run (if only they had not included
an autorun feature). There is also the regular chore of updating the virus
definitions.

I only wish Micro$oft would come up with something reliable so people could
stop gnashing their teeth and cursing their computers. I suspect that M$ will
do like Apple have done and do a deal with some Unix vendor (SCO?) to make an
OS having a XP like interface and a Unix like engine under the hood...

Best,

Kelvin