[Glastonbury] sub-harmonic bpm calculator

Graham Oxley graham at oxley1165.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 20:06:11 GMT 2004

hi peeps

i hope it's coincidental but the last two glug meetings have coincided with
parents evenings at crispin scool. i presume the next one is the first
wendsday in april? hope to cu there.

here is finally (having finally got my head round nfs) my sub-harmonic beats
per minute calculator program. it's only version 0.1, it's got neither bells
nor whistles, but if you want to know what key the drummer is playing in,
this is for you.

There's an html file in the tarzipfile, but it tells you more about what the
program is trying to do than how to build it. It was comiled under Mandrake 9
on a AMD duron processor, using KDevelop. Somewhere there is a qmake file
which you run (having set loads of environment variables) to generate the ui
files, but i've included the generated files anyway, so unless you want to
modify the gui, all you have to do is 'make', and then run 'bpm-calc'. it
obviously relies upon KDE, but that's about it.

Lug is welcome to share this if it so desires.
Now i've got to find out how to attach a file to an email....

hope that's got it.

bibi

Graham