[Glastonbury] Anyone seen Kelvin?

Kelvin McNulty kelvinm at gcircle.co.uk
Thu May 6 22:28:31 BST 2004

On Thursday 06 May 2004 14:19, Kelvin McNulty wrote:
> Dear Sean and list,
>
> Thanks for your concern, I am alive and well...

> I think if we have another meeting with so much material then we should fix
> it so we have at least an hour afterwards ... without an opportunity to
> absorb and share the implications of the material
> delivered.

the most important one of which is that a lot of the music industry as it is
will go down the plughole... will become unviable in the way that the
railways finished off the stagecoaches. But concerts and other events will
stay and people will pay a lot of cash to go to them, maybe even more than
now, as more cash will be available and it has to go somewhere.

And the concerts will be mixed by PC. It is usual now to see a laptop or few
at any musical event, even quite small events.

Sell EMI, sell Our Price, sell HMV... but buy... what? Glastonbury Festival?
houses? land? oil?

An interesting future most certainly awaits. The idea that I can use just
about any PC as a multitrack mixing desk and music production facility is
quite extraordinary...

It's like the economy is in a sense in freefall. Everything is just getting
cheaper and cheaper all the time. Except land, housing, oil, and tickets to
Glastonbury Festival.

Best,

Kelvin