[Glastonbury] Fwd: [Agnula-Users] DeMuDi 1.1.1 HD install

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sun May 9 07:06:05 BST 2004

> The i810_audio driver is the OSS driver, which is deprecated.
> Alsa uses the
> snd-intel8x0 driver. Should work for the MX400. There should be a utility
> called alsaconf that you can use to reconfigure ALSA. I'm not
> looking at the
> live CD right now, so I'm guessing.

Hi Tim,

The DeMuDi is running snd-intel8x0m but not snd-intel8x0... when one tries
to "insmod" one gets an error about unsatisfied symbols....

I yesterday downloaded RehMuDi 2.0 (which is the Fedora Core 1 Agnula)...
it's a tarball that is supposed to reconfigure the setup so I tried that
one... it gets as far as unpacking the rpm for Alsa Player and then hangs...
so not a lot of joy there either.

Ho hum.. will keep trying ;-)