[Glastonbury] Re: Dual boot

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sat May 29 09:11:20 BST 2004

>From reading some material a day or two ago the problem with Fedora Core 2
is not that Windows gets damaged (mis-information!! no doubt propogated by
Microsoft) but that the partitions are reported incorrectly, hence the
grub/lilo bootloader ends up pointing to the wrong place...

More of an annoyance than a really serious problem, though I think a few
wrists should be slapped at Fedora HQ... GNU/Linux does not need bad
publicity like this.... it is likely to put people off dual-booting,
something that we cannot afford to do... most "novices" are far more likely
to take the step to dual boot than to wipe windows entirely and replace it
with a distro....