[Glastonbury] Re: Dual boot

Martin WHEELER mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Mon May 31 14:36:14 BST 2004

On 31 May 2004, peter.t.cole wrote:

> on that note i notice that i can only access my usb Camera as root not
> as an ordinary user this must be something to do with permissions

Has to be.  (Check they're 755  :  rwxr-xr-x)
I have no problems at all, with either camera or data-stick.
[Debian testing, upgraded nightly.  Kernel 2.4.26.
Using modprobe usb-storage; and mount /dev/sda1 to an accessible
directory.]

Tip: If you chown your images to www-data:www-data everyone can view
them, including via localhost browser.

Whilst I'm on the subject : anyone got any tips as to what to use to
view video clips (.avi)s from my camera?

Cheers,