[Glastonbury] Receiving mail from list intermittently

Andrew M.A. Cater amacater at galactic.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 21:34:59 GMT 2004

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 08:51:57PM +0000, Cherry Mulliss wrote:
> Hi
>
> Dont know what is causing this but I seem to only receive mail from the
> list at certain times. Currently I last received some between 12 and
> 22nd October. None since. This is weird and very frustrating.
> Particularly as I want to know what is happening regarding meetings.

I think the amount of mail is small and the traffic is "bursty" - you
get bursts of activity and then nothing for ages.
> Also, cannot access the website:  www.lugog.org.uk - attempts to do so
> result in DNS type errors. I used to be able to access it, but no longer
> (can access Googles cache of the site - so it is obviously still there)..
Working for me at the moment. Didn't want to play well in a text only
browser but fine under Firefox.  Seems OK.  Check under Linux that your
/etc/resolv.conf actually lists the nameservers you think it does?

The file should be looking something like

search
213.146.149.169
213.146.149.134

These work well as these are top level UK nameservers and unlikely to move for
a while :)

> Of course, I probably wont be able to read this or any replies, once
> posted , <g>. So will email Steve about the next meeting.
>
> Would be grateful for any constructive  suggestions regarding this
> mystery... actually, a solution would be nice!
>
> TIA
>
> Cherry Mulliss

Hope This Helps,

Andy