[Glastonbury] st. dunstans website

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Tue Nov 9 06:21:39 GMT 2004

> just out of curiosity is it possible in the current order of things for
> us to "host" / "feed" our own website on our own servers? i would love
> to be able to do this rather than rely on 000k.com or some other 3rd
> party. we could then incorporate mysql databases and internal email
> functionality although i expect we could do this already anyway.

Who was this question aimed at? Somebody within the LEA? It was not
clear....

To set up a webserver on a machine at St Dunstans would not be difficult; I
guess it would be more of an "information security policy" type issue (ie.
would the school/LEA allow it) than a technical one (Apache/php/mysql with a
static IP accessible to the outside world and a firewall to separate the
part of the network accessible to the outside world from the part of the
network accessible only from within the campus)... in terms of technology
Mambo 4.5 is a lot better than the version we are running and, as I think
I've said a few months ago, I would like to get LUGOG migated onto 4.5 but,
at the time I looked, the third-party plug-ins that we used just hadn't
caught up (eg. the photo gallery). May well have done so now, so I'll take a
look again - perhaps at the weekend.

Best of luck,