[Glastonbury] My CUPS floweth not ...

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Thu Nov 11 12:55:55 GMT 2004

Thanks for all the responses. Getting closer ...

I don't have USB currently enabled. (interrupt conflicts with soundcard) is it
generally regarded as being 'better' than parallel port for printers?

As I'm using Apache locally, do I need to configure it to allow scripts to run
from /usr/lib/cups/cgi-bin/ ? Would this account for the web interface not
working?

The error_log give this:
 PPD file for lexmark-z53 cannot be loaded!
 Missing PPD-Adobe-4.x header on line 0.

Print jobs are being queued, but not executed. Enabling debug level error logs
& try again!

cheers

tim hall