[Glastonbury] My CUPS floweth not ...

Andrew M.A. Cater amacater at galactic.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 11 18:14:05 GMT 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 12:55:46PM +0000, tim hall wrote:
> Thanks for all the responses. Getting closer ...
>
> I don't have USB currently enabled. (interrupt conflicts with soundcard) is it
> generally regarded as being 'better' than parallel port for printers?
I found it automagically easier - your mileage may vary :)

> As I'm using Apache locally, do I need to configure it to allow scripts to run
> from /usr/lib/cups/cgi-bin/ ? Would this account for the web interface not
> working?
If cups is installed - just go to localhost port 631 -
http://localhost:631 and you should get a printer admin page.  Login as
root and put in your root password.
> The error_log give this:
>  PPD file for lexmark-z53 cannot be loaded!
>  Missing PPD-Adobe-4.x header on line 0.

Look inside the rpm for a .ppd file. Move it to
/usr/share/cups/model/<name of .ppd file> and you may be away :)