[Glastonbury] suse license

Greg Browne greg.browne at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 11:57:05 GMT 2004

Andy

Many thanks, I have made some progress with those commands, but not there yet.

Interestingly (having now installed both debian and SUSE 9.1, on the
same machine - and there lies a saga!) SuSE gives more information on
my graphics chip set (and different (S3)) to the info in the
motherboard manual (VIA and no mention of S3).

SuSE runs fine (KDE) but I cannot yet get xfree to run at greater than
640x480 in debian (Gnome), so the desktop is difficult to use. I've
tried various configurations, and will try more when I have time.

Meanwhile, those command line prompts are at the top of my list of
prompts that I am generating for myself.

I can already see why some prefer debian to SuSE, even with these problems.

Greg