[Glastonbury] PC recycling

Ian Dickinson ian_j_dickinson at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 16:17:51 GMT 2004

Folks -
I work for what some people are wont to call a BigCo
(yeah, yeah, spare me the comments :-).  The
particular BigCo I work for (*) has a very long
history of proactive environmentally-friendly
policies.  Our environment group have recently
opened-up their general IT-equipment recycling
programme to all employees. So, we can drop off old IT
kit and it will get recycled in as eco-friendly a way
as current technology allows.

If there are just a *few* machines locally that need
recycling, I don't mind sticking them in the back of
my car next time I travel to the office (I'm a
telecommuter for much of the time).  If there's lots
of kit to be recycled, and we can get a reasonably
decent estimate of the type & quantity, the
coordinator of environment group said she would
forward details to the recycling contractor to get a
quote for doing a bulk collection in Glastonbury.  The
actual recycling is free, but there would be a
collection charge that would have to be amortised
between the equipment donors.

Hope that helps,
Ian

(*) No, I'm not trying to be secretive about the
company name, just that this posting isn't about
promoting my employer.  If you really care, it'll take
you all of 10 seconds to work it out with google :-)