[Glastonbury] Thanks

Peter Fry pjfry at compuserve.com
Wed Nov 24 22:03:47 GMT 2004

Hi Martin and everyone else,

Thanks for adding me to the mailing list and I'm looking forward to the
group's next meeting.

I've used linux web servers for a few years writing pages in PHP with MySQL
and done a little Perl. What I haven't done is set up my own Apache server
configured in the way I want it and compiled with the options I want.
I've now got myself an oldish PC, 233MHz, 64M RAM, 2G drive, NIC etc and
bought the Red Hat bundle ver 7.2 from UKLINUX and so will be embarking on
stage one fairly soon - getting a Linux box working as a server on a small
network.

I got one of those big computer books from Bookends in Street. It's called
Red Hat Linux 6 Server by Kabir. Page 8 has a heading - Why Red Hat is the
Best. I'll let you know how I get on...  I hope there isn't too much
difference between ver 6 and ver 7.

Regards

Peter