[Glastonbury] An essay from a "Joe User" (fwd from Debian-UK)

Greg Browne greg.browne at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 10:57:50 GMT 2004

Martin
What an excellent article. For any newbie like me, it is well worth a read.
I'd like to encourage anyone wanting to try debian to try the KANOTIX
version first. It is only a 700MB download (one CD) for the live CD
and there are simple instructions to convert it to a hard disk
install. Based on only a few days use, I feel that, despite its size
it seems to have all the programmes that the average person would
want, Office suite, CD burner, Sound recorder with editing etc etc.
But before you ask, no, I haven't tried it with a wireless card yet!
I repeat what I've said elsewhere that this installed on 2 computers
on which I failed to install debian sarge, suse9.1 in a stable useable
form
Greg