[Glastonbury] KNoppix install

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sun Sep 19 22:10:03 BST 2004

> >From the tone of this message, I'm not surprised he (presumably the
> landlord, and entitled to bar whomsoever he chooses) has banned you from
> his pub.  If, for any reason, you upset someone, _sometimes_ the
> law of bad

I did not upset anybody.. I spoke about him in the G&P (another hotel in
town) with the landlady.. who had previously been banned for (allegedly)
mentioning her own establishment in his pub.... he got to hear about it, so
banned me!!  Very bizarre... we were planning street parties to celebrate
his departure (in October)... it was all in jest!! Clearly he did not see it
that way!

> karma rebounds on you and you lose a few pints :) [If the rumours of
> human sacrifice locally are true, potentially a few of A Rh - or whatever
> {B-) ] Don't call people an idiot in public, behave to them with
> restraint and politeness and good things will follow.

That is certainly something that I'd like to adhere to...

> If you really feel aggrieved and feel he'll take any notice - approach
> him to pay you for bandwidth/advertising.  If you've any sense, you'll

I've contacted Palmers Brewery. They technically own the site.

> write off the banning as a silliness and continue to host the web site.
> Potentially, since he's unlikely to mind the odd blip in
> connectivity/availability, use his website as your testbed and tester
> for accessibility issues and other matters. Pour all your loving care
> and attention into it. Use it to try out Mambo/Plone/Zope or
> whatever new technology takes your fancy - but do a good, professional
> job of which you or anyone else would feel proud and with which you would
> be happy to be associated as an exemplar.

Yeah, that's what I am doing...

> Just my 60 Indonesian rupiah,

Is Rupiah a currency?