[Glastonbury] KNoppix install

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Mon Sep 20 00:07:17 BST 2004

> > I'm hosting his website for free... tempted to switch it off
> immediately...
> > what do you think?
>
> Nah; just inform him you've tripled your fees.

How can you triple free? Does it become even more free??!?!

> Or set up: "TheWho-dAThoughtIT_sucks.com"

It's not the pub, it's the cretin that runs it... andrewdaviesisatosser.com
springs to mind...

> Better still, set up Glastonbury's first genuine public forum where
> discussion of stuff like this can *really* take place in public -- *not*
> a mail type forum, but more of a CMS that anyone can contribute to.  No
> holds barred.  This town has needed it for years.

Indeed! Let's do it ;-)

> We have sites promoting the Magickal Mystery Kosmic Krap side of town; we
> have Councillor Tom Billing's private and personal .gov.uk site; we
> have anodyne 'commercial' sites; but nowhere do we have the opportunity
> to express full-blooded social and political satire online, where the
> population can let rip as and when they need to.

Don't start insulting my mate Tom...  very fond of next year's mayor...
there are few town councillors who do as much as he does, or spend as much
time on things...I stood against Tom at the last election, but I have to say
that of the four elected he is definitely the one that is doing the most...

> How's about it?

Let's do it!