[Glastonbury] Sedgemoor IT Cluster

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Fri Apr 8 15:53:56 BST 2005

Lots of skirting around the issue, but nobody has actually answered my
question yet... when you want to bank with HSBC, and you want to use
their swipecard system (let's say, for instance, BACSTEL-IP -- Google if
you don't know what it is) and they say either PC or Mac what do you do??!?!

What do I say to the SME that wants this functionality? Ditch Windows??!?!

They could, I guess, run the software under VMWare or Win4Lin as I
said... but they might, as a business, think this is over-complicated
and Norton Antivirus and a "pure" system would be easier.

Tell me the answer, folks! Because I don't know it.... to me, persuading
HSBC to port it to Linux, rather than bemusing the SMEs and making their
businesses suffer as a result of not having the BACS software, would be
the way forward... if you know better please tell me!

But saying that you are not a technical fella, Tim... that's like saying
Colin White doesn't know how to scrap cars... he may not have done when
he was born, but your technical expertise freaks me out bigtime...

...and that's a compliment :-)

Let me know...