[Glastonbury] tomorrow's -- now today's -- meeting

Martin Wheeler mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 13:01:38 GMT 2005

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, steve wrote:

> I have tried,

For which thanks.

> I must emphasise that politeness is the key here as Martin's last attempt to
> *only* speak to the Head upset the office staff.

Steve, I will emphatically NOT tolerate this sort of comment, with all its
snide implications, on a public list.  Nor will I start an argy-bargy with
you as to the school and *one member* of its staff's manner of interfacing
with the public on this list either -- particularly over conversations you
have no direct knowledge of.

You have made the situation very clear -- either the group puts up with
constantly fluctuating and unpredictable meeting times dependent on the
whims and activities of one single member; or we forgo the extremely
favourable conditions offered by the school (which themselves are likely
to be withdrawn at the drop of a hat, as we have seen in the past).

I suggest group members now vote as to whether we continue in this way or
not.

Anything else I could say in reply to your mail would only worsen a
situation which is already about as bad as it can get.

Sean/Kelvin/Tim -- as impartial observers, could you organise something on
the group website?  Or via this list?  Thanks.

Sincerely,

--
Martin Wheeler