[Glastonbury] tomorrow's -- now today's -- meeting

Ian Dickinson i.j.dickinson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 17:57:28 GMT 2005

Hi Andy,
> please don't assume that it's necessarily the end of LUGOG,
For the record, I never assumed nor claimed that.

> I don't know/care precisely what/what was not said at the school. Nor does
> anyone else : CLUE TO EVERYONE ELSE THAT ISN'T STEVE OR MARTIN - it really
> doesn't/shouldn't matter in the medium to long term.
My response was not to what was or wasn't said by Martin to the school
- as you say, we don't know. I was referring to what Martin said on
this list [1].

> Martin expressing himself in forthright terms is Martin, pure and simple.
I think there's a widely held misconception that being forthright is
synonymous with being rude. As it happens, there's some interesting
discussion going on around this topic elsewhere at the moment in the
blogging community [2]. I believe that it's entirely possible to
disagree, forthrightly and honestly, without resorting to boorishness.

> anyone who has hung around the 'Net for more than six months is probably
> used to flamewars and such.
Yep. I've been online since around '85, and I've seen loads of
flamewars come and go. I'm still waiting to see one that actually
contributed positively to a debate though.

> What does need sorting out - as it seems to me and all IMHO:
> [...]
All good suggestions.

Regards,
Ian