[Glastonbury] tomorrow's -- now today's -- meeting

Tony Sumner tony at whittycat.me.uk
Sun Dec 11 18:07:23 GMT 2005

On Dec 11, 2005, Andrew M.A. Cater was like:

> anyone who has hung around the 'Net for more than six months is probably
> used to flamewars and such.

Oh, yes :-)

> 2. The LUGoG should consider how best to pay for the facilities they use -

One of the groups I wrote about pays for the use of a room to meet in
and they bring their own projector and screen. Anyone who likes can bring
a laptop but there is no BB.

>  Pubs are a no no if only because you may have young people around.

Granted. I mentioned the Silicon Corridor Group only  because it is an
example of a group that meets in a pub and has continued in existence
for 10 years. But there are no young persons in it. The DCGLUG meets
sometimes in the Paignton Rugby club and there is a bar and they do
have young persons. Seems to work out ok.

Of course T1 sounds ideal if the administration problems can be sorted.

> 5. Timing of meetings and events planning.

Talking of meetings, will there be a meeting on Wednesday 14 Dec? The
web site says there is and has said so throughout this discussion.

Tony Sumner