[Glastonbury] Next meeting possibly at Blue School

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Tue Dec 20 06:48:46 GMT 2005

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

>More or less my point. For a visit or two, you'd probably get away
>with a formal invitation and staff supervision which is why I suggested
>this.  CRB clearances cost - to the extent that one charity I'm involved
>with became a CRB clearing house and acted as agent for other charities
>just because it made the overall process cheaper :( I'm not sure if
>schools can get a bulk discount {B-)

I am in the process of getting such clearance through the Catholic
Church (child clearance etc. seems to now be a necessity for things as
simple as playing in a church music group that might involve children at
some stage)... I can see the logic in it, but sometimes I think things
have gone rather too much "the other way"... there's this concept
developing of "guilty until proven innocent" rather than the other way
around.