[Glastonbury] Wireless Access Point

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Fri Dec 23 14:28:12 GMT 2005

tony at whittycat.me.uk wrote:

> I have a spare Netgear DG834 wireless (plus 4 ethernet) router that
> would do I think if there is an ADSL socket to plug it into. I'll
> bring it

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the suggestion... but I think that ADSL is based on the
telephone number, so that wouldn't work... I have one here too... what I
was thinking of was what is called a "Wireless Access Point"... it goes
into a standard ethernet connection and extends that ethernet
outwards...  to wireless machines etc...

I might be entirely wrong in my interpretation of how wireless access
points work... in which case I apologise, having never had one myself...
just thought I'd throw in the idea if it makes it easier for folks to
plug in and become productive...