[Glastonbury] Mambo editing

Martin Wheeler mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Fri Dec 23 14:36:11 GMT 2005

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005, Sean Miller wrote:

> Martin Wheeler wrote:
>
>> Still trying to figure out how to change details of next meeting, tho'.
>
> Modules -> Site Modules -> Next Meeting

Thanks for the tip.
[Now -- you want to edit something on the front page.  You don't know WTF
it is in local nomenclature; all you know is it's on the front page.
The only vaguely appropriate choice the Control Panel gives you is
'Frontpage Manager'.
What would you choose?
Oh, I see -- you're meant to scan the tiny print in the staus line at the
top and assume by psychic resonance with the developer that what you're
really looking for is .. "Modules" ?
I think *not*.]

> I find it hard to really see what's so difficult, Martin... I have completely
> technophobic folks on other sites quite happily getting their head around
> Mambo's "Power in Simplicity" layout, yet you seem to be unable to get your
> head around the way the thing is structured whilst, meanwhile, I can't suss
> out other products that you seem to find very simple at all...

Yup.  Zope?  P-o-P.  Any 5-year old should be able to handle it.

> There's a manual here, btw, if anybody is stuck on anything...
>
> http://help.mamboserver.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=16&id=101&Itemid=121

When I feel like going back to this thing, I'll put a very evident link to
that from the front page.

>> Would you care to give us all a run-down on how to use this thing on Jan.
>> 10th, Sean?
>
> Sure can do that....  will look into alternatives too... perhaps we'll
> discuss a few of them at the meeting...

Ta.  I have half-a-dozen alternatives on the laptop at all times, so if we
liaise beforehand we should be able to provide quite a few between us all.