[Glastonbury] CD-writer front end?

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Tue Feb 22 13:28:35 GMT 2005

Last Monday 21 February 2005 21:55, Ian Dickinson was like:
> Anyone have any suggestions for a decent cd writer app? xcdroast seems
> to me to be a study in how not to design user interfaces, and a quick
> google search revealed a number of moribund projects but nothing
> active that I could find.  Or should I learn to use mkisofs from the
> command line?
>
> Btw, I know about the cd-writing extension to nautilus, but it's
> pretty crude as far as I can tell. I couldn't, for example, see how to
> leave the cd session open so that I can append more files later.

I tend to use gcombust, which is a not brilliant but useable gui frontend for
cdrecord, other people have recommended K3B. I think everything else sucks
AFAIK, but I'd be glad to find out otherwise. I still have no idea if it's
possible to burn a red-book (or even orange-book) Audio CD. As everyone
recommends K3B I'll have another look at it. last time I tried it complained
that some of the .wavs were wrong ended, which I don't understand as I'm sure
they were all done in one session and I couldn't immediately find a
command-line utility to convert them. I'm sure libsndfile should be able to
do it, I just haven't had the time to mess around with it.

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk