[Glastonbury] jackd

Richard Bown richard.bown at ferventsoftware.com
Mon Jan 3 15:42:00 GMT 2005

Hi Maurice,

You've got to make sure that you've got a softsynth installed and running
on your box alongside Rosegarden - say something like QSynth/fluidsynth or
amsynth or similar to act as a MIDI sink.  Alternatively you can utilise
an external MIDI synth (hardware) or your soundcard's onboard synth (if it
exists.  If it's a recent build of Rosegarden (0.9.8+ I'm thinking) then
you can install the DSSI synths too - which are integrated softsynths that
run alongside Rosegarden sessions and can be treated to audio plugins
(both native and VSTs).

For these and other answers please see the Rosegarden users mailing list
archives and the FAQs.

HTH,
Richard