[Glastonbury] meetings

Peter Fry pjfry at compuserve.com
Tue Jan 4 20:47:49 GMT 2005

Message text written by "The Linux User Group of Glastonbury \(LUGOG\)"
I'd be interested in cross-platform stuff - just getting a smattering of
info about how people are using Linux can be really useful when you are
just starting to look at another os.

I think meetings go better when there's a focus. It's all very well
standing around watching people installing stuff on their hard drives but I
think you could equally well ask newbie questions if the meeting had a bit
more structure.

Peter

>steve wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I will be preparing next years agendas
> for meetings and was wondering what people would like to look at through
> either a presentation or tutorial?
>
> We have 11 months we could meet
> January,
> February,
> March,
> April,
> May,
> June,
> July,
> September,
> October,
> November,
> December.
>
> Any suggestions will be considered. What can members offer?

I'd like to repeat the request for a DocBook overview/tutorial, if
Martin is still willing.

I don't know that there's much I can offer in return. Most of the work
I do is specifically cross-platform (i.e. web and Java) software
development, so not really Linux-specific. And I rather doubt that my
somewhat eclectic professional interests (e.g. computational logic,
symbolic AI, semantic web) will be of wider interest to folks on the
list. Happy to be told otherwise though!
<