[Glastonbury] jackd

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Wed Jan 5 14:26:48 GMT 2005

Last Wednesday 05 January 2005 11:21, maurice was like:
> Rosegarden mentioned xsynth so I went to download it. The firefox brouser
> was also eager not just to download but to install the rpm package all by
> itself which I thought was wonderful. Well, of course I did:-)
>
> However, and there always seems to be a "however" with Linux,  I got some
> warnings:
>
> Invalid Signature
> Missing Key
> . . . . NOT OK
>
> So I aborted the down load. From your collective knowledge and wisdom could
> you advise me if I was right to abort and whether such warnings were right
> to be heeded.

I have no experience with rpms, so I couldn't tell you what these warnings
mean. You don't specifically need xsynth to run Rosegarden QSynth /
Fluidsynth, an external MIDI device or any other ALSA/Jackd compatible
softsynth will do fine. Also if xsynth is a DSSI plugin (i.e. runs internally
to Rosegarden) you need to have a copy of RG which is configured to use synth
plugins. The packaged version may not be.

cheers

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk