[Glastonbury] tomorrow's meeting

maurice mail at mauricebutler.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 20:56:36 GMT 2005

Well dears,

I was not able to make it tonight. As a newbie, perhaps as well. And that
makes me feel sad.

During my short stay here a handful of lovely people have made me feel less of
an outsider than I might otherwise have done.

But my original feelings persist. You come across as a whole, as a bunch of
elitist techies who really don't want linux to become the home of the
majority. It would become "too common" for goodness sake. Certainly you are
unable to explain simple questions with simple, easy to understand responses.
Or you subliminally refuse to do so. Or you're not bright enough. And I was
warned about this before I began.

Suffice it to say, I've found easy answers to simple questions elsewhere.
I've not had to go so far as MP3 Michael of the linspire setup but you can
understand why he might succeed. Linux for him is something that should
perform, applications that should run without the gobbledegook even though
there is a price to pay.

So I have to say to those who still want to write printer and camera drivers
from scratch in machine code (must have to be masochists, I guess) or
assembler or C++ or whatever, goodbye.

Maurice