[Glastonbury] Hello

Phil Wood phil at pwood.net
Wed Jan 12 16:35:31 GMT 2005

Hello All

I've been lurking on this for a while now and thought it's time I
introduced myself. I'm going to try and make it to this evening's meeting.

I've been using Linux for quite a few years. I use both Debian and SuSE.
I like the way that Debian can be installed over internet, but when it
came to putting Linux on my laptop, about a year ago, SuSE was the one
that would install and get things working the easiest. However, when I
went wireless at home some months ago, I totally failed to get the wifi
card working in Linux and just ran out of time, so I switched back to
that other operating system. I did take with me, apache, php, mysql,
firefox, thunderbird, openoffice, gimp, perl and ruby, so all was not lost.

Once upon a time I taught physics in secondary schoools. Then I
discovered the joys of programming and became a full time programmer in
various languages. In more recent years ( I have had quite a few of them
:-) I've done some part time teaching. At the moment I develop web sites
using apache, php and mysql.

I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you this evening,

Regards

Phil Wood