[Glastonbury] Hello

Tony Sumner tony at whittycat.me.uk
Thu Jan 13 16:03:38 GMT 2005

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 04:35:21PM +0000, Phil Wood wrote:

> I've been lurking on this for a while now and thought it's
> time I introduced myself.

I've been lurking too and I hoped to get to a meeting real soon but
I have an evening class on Wednesdays for the next few weeks.

> I totally failed to
> get the wifi card working in Linux

I used the linux-wlan-ng driver. It works for both actiontex and
netgear adapters. You can get this with apt-get for Debian  which you might
find helpful if you have a prism II adapter. The Debian source comes
with a README.Debian which is very helpful and you just do what it
says which is easy but does involve compiling the kernel.

Someone from the Devon and Cornwall LUG asked me why I didn't use the kernel
driver but I haven't yet found out what this meant.

Good luck anyway

Tony Sumner