[Glastonbury] 2 more questions please - re KMail (Mandrake OS)

Ian Dickinson i.j.dickinson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 18:21:41 GMT 2005

Hi Ros,
I hope someone else can help you directly with the KMail problem. I
don't use KDE, so can't anser your specific questions. However, I just
wanted to say that I've been using Mozilla Thunderbird as an email
client for a few months now, and it's working very well. If you like
Firefox, you could give Thunderbird a spin. I *think* you could get
around your question 1 (positioning of signature) using Thurderbird's
template system, but I'm not confident to say that for sure.

In particular,
> 2)      Over quite a while since an update of KMail, I now discover that if I hit
> shift-ctrl on the right hand side of the keyboard, the text becomes
> right-justified and I can't find any way to return it to left justified (undo
> has no effect).
This is a horrible, horrible user interface design. That one factor
alone would make me abandon an application in a heartbeat! Yuk.

> Is this a bug? (Not a problem, I can live with it.)
Possibly it's a bug. But just because software is open-source, you
don't have to put up with it being shoddy.

Regards,
Ian