[Glastonbury] File and printer sharing

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sat Jul 30 11:59:58 BST 2005

Last Friday 29 July 2005 12:15, Alistair Parsons was like:
> > There is too much in webmin, potentially, for something simple.
> > Also, you are opening up a lot of services in one go if you use
> > webmin to administer everything IMHO
>
> why would using webmin open up the services?
>
> there are lots of usefull extra features such as a very nice web
> frontend to the backup, web based command line etc

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I was actually aware of the various web
frontends. Webmin is probably the best for me right now. I'm also
investigating cfengine, although it's another sledgehammer to crack a nut.
Although GUI tools are useful, they're not really much of a substitute for
understanding the underlying structure.

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk