[Glastonbury] Query re KMail please

Martin Wheeler mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 15:11:33 GMT 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 info at wccl.co.uk wrote:

> Could someone please tell me how to make interactive the web address and email
> addresses I quote in emails

Ros __

You should be aware that there are many people like myself who reject out
of hand e-mails marked-up in HTML (the most common way to hyperlink URIs)
as being an almost certain indicator of unwanted spam; and who
furthermore read all their mail via text console -- NOT the X gui.

But the mail-reader I use (Pine) *automatically* takes any URI reference
and hot-links it, from its _plain-text representation_.

So for me, all you have to do is put in a *fully qualified* URI -- end of
story.  At my end, I see it as a hyperlink.

But as to what you do with these whizzy, shiny, sexy "point'n'drool"
graphical interface things ....