[Glastonbury] Re: Glastonbury Digest, Vol 71, Issue 3

info at wccl.co.uk info at wccl.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 15:20:36 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 14:13, Greg Browne wrote:
> Ros
(You are using the sum symbol in OO I
> presume.)

Er - when you talk of WordPerfect, do you refer only to the old blue screen
5.1, my that was a long while back, early 90's, rather like using DOS to do
anything? WordPerfect had a good early Windows version, 5.1 for win, then
5.2. All versions - could be we are at V.13 now, I haven't checked recently -
still have the reveal codes! My goodness, there'd be an outcry if they were
left out. But there's nothing else I've seen yet to compare with the latest
WordPerfect version I have, which is perhaps 2 years old and glorious for
graphics/brochures etc, not far off DTP. I am truly mystified you think
OOffice is better! You can't have used WordPerfect 11? OOffice may well be as
good for all I know, but much more hard work. After all, Corel like graphics,
so no wonder they incorporated a lot of that into WordPerfect when they took
it over. They removed the tedious Draw facility and put better functionality
straight into the basic WP. Lovely.

Yes, I was using sigma in calc. This time last year when I prepared the
business
accounts, I couldn't persuade calc to do the additions with sigma and had to
use Excel. My tecchie son, who rarely uses OOf and doesn't have time to play
around with it, checked his copy quickly, agreed sigma didn't work, but found
an older version of OOffice Calc was OK so I reloaded the older
version as well. But I think we have reloaded again since on my computer,
forgettig the problem - so I do the accounts again last month and again am
driven to Excel to add anything up. Bizarre.

So much for new versions!!!
Ros