[Glastonbury] Kunbuntu

peter.t.cole at lineone.net peter.t.cole at lineone.net
Tue May 3 11:38:26 BST 2005

I am still on my disto quest !!
tried suse but was not impressed it did not pick up my windows partation
i loaded onto an existing partioned hard drive maybe this was why ! could
not get x to run at a good resolution.

Tried the new mepis one web cam did not work sound was really bad and printing
did not work. ( found out what this was  add user sys.) one the user was
added i could print OK.

I have been trying Kunbutu ( i can never remeber how it is spelt !!)
when you frist log on you are geeted with well nothing just a task bar no
icons at all. I had a problem with getting cups to work got that sorted then
the permissions were bad for the usb printer got that sorted, then played
with the sound had to modify the modules and also the boot up and some of
alsa but the sound is great now, just need to get the web cam going.
On the whole it's pretty good and it is running KDE 3.4

Peter

Book yourself something to look forward to in 2005.
Cheap flights - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/flights/
Bargain holidays - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/holidays/