[Glastonbury] Kunbuntu

Tony Sumner tony at whittycat.me.uk
Tue May 3 12:14:17 BST 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 11:36:18AM +0100, peter.t.cole at lineone.net wrote:

> I have been trying Kunbutu ( i can never remeber how it is spelt !!)

Kubuntu -- but I've left the subject alone for threading reasons :-)

I've got Kubuntu and I like it a lot. It didn't recognise my sound
card which is Creative AWE64 but the Wiki tells you where to get the
sb_awe driver so that's not a big problem.

> when you frist log on you are geeted with well nothing just a task bar

I am happy not to have a lot of icons; it is not hard to ask KDE to
create the icons you want and you don't get a lot that you don't want.

The only thing wrong is that on shutdown it disables the power switch,
ie I can't use it to turn the machine off and I have to turn it off
with the little red switch at the back. Weird. How does one program
the power switch?

Another group I belong to recommends installing Ubuntu and then doing
apt-get install kde-desktop  Anyone any views on that?
Tony Sumner