[Glastonbury] KDE Dependencies

Andrew M.A. Cater amacater at galactic.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 18 09:17:46 GMT 2005

On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 09:04:21AM +0000, tim hall wrote:
> On Thursday 17 November 2005 20:30, Alan Levett was like:
> > I wonder if you could help me.
> >
> > I have tried to load kastrolog, but the 'compiler' tells me that the
> > following dependencies are missing from my Mandrake 10 CE.
> > They are :-	libkdecore.so.2		libkdeui.so.2
> > 			libkfile.so.2			libkfm.so.2
> > 			libkimigio.so.2
> >
> > 			libpng.so.2			libqt.so.1
> > 			libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3
> >
> > 			libstdc++.so.2.9
> >
> > Searching on Google/LINUX, I find that the first group are on (or in)
> > kdelibs-1.1.2-15, an s390 rpm, but that too seems to have dependencies that
> > include the second group.
> >
> >  The last file, well! there is a lot of chatter about that, and I am
> > totally confused.
> > I do not want to load willy-nilly in total ignorance, and go through the
> > hastle of screwing this machine up yet again, just because I am getting too
> > stupid to understand.  And I am not going onto M$WIN again - that was a
> > pain - more crashes than the M5!
>
> Yep, fair enough.
> The first question I would ask is - do you have kde installed? and if so which
> version?
>
> The second question is - is there no compatible packaged version for kastrolog
> available? If it's not going to be a straightforward ./configure, make, make
> install I would avoid compiling from source. Unless you enjoy the challenge
> that is.
>
> also - What version of kastrolog are you attempting to install?
>
> Personally I find it easier to wade through the various messages as they come
> (i.e. verbatim) even if that is rather verbose - rather than read a
> paraphrase. Please do cut & paste relevant error massages directly into your
> emails.
Alan,

I can't remember what distribution you run. Astrolog is available as
a non-free package in Debian. Kastrolog, I imagine, is just a front
end to that. If you've current KDE, I'd have thought it would
"just work". Never bother with anything not for Intel architecture
if all you have is Intel/AMD :)

Andy